Sunday, October 10, 2010

Homecoming

HOMECOMING ...
Homecoming …
What is homecoming??!!!
Some people described it as welcoming the alumni or graduated students of a university. And others said it is an excuse to be drunk.

Let me tell you how I got the meaning of the homecoming in my dorm. Before the weekend came, the mass were talking about homecoming. Some people who I know from my hall asked me what am I going to do in the homecoming, my respond was: what is homecoming and this weekend I’m going to study. They laughed and said “Hey Asya have fun, participate in the activities, and forget studies for a while”. I gazed at them for a second and waved my hand wishing them to have fun. But I didn’t actually take their advice. What I observed in the whole weekend, is that homecoming is drinking day from morning till second day, and people want to be out of their sense.
Homecoming also means American Football (Footy) and marching band. I love music so it’s obvious I liked the band a lot, but as for the footy, I went and saw the first half. The reason I didn’t continue watching footy was the weather, it was too cold and also I don’t like American football at all.  

I don’t think people in my country would be interested in homecoming. I believe it is an excuse for being drunk and they are carrying it as traditional heritage.
That’s all

4 comments:

  1. Unfortunately many people get drunk during homecoming; even many students under age get drunk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems that you do not like homecoming very much, but it is still interesting to see how different is their culture compare to yours right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually,I don't like the football,either,but that's part of the American life,right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. LiBoon: I don't like it, regarding the culture I'll rather go for something else.
    YangYakun: yup it is part of their life.

    I just want to add, am little bit picky person, things or events that I feel are good and relevant I go for it, but things or events such as footy and homecoming are not my interests.

    Thanks for passing and your sweet comments

    ReplyDelete