Sunday, November 7, 2010

2nd Nov Election Day For Americans

First time in my life I saw real voting, I’ve seen voting in movies but in alive. I noticed a lot of people are really worried or confused who they were going to elect. Last Tuesday I went to Davies Centre to see the voting system to observe it. I went there and found professional observers were sitting and watching the voting process. Also in the same room there was an area to register and three wards. Who (students) were not registered then they will go and register, and I notice they checked the data carefully, after that they went to the wards to take the voting paper. Then they filled the paper then they put it in the machine which counts how many people voted. There were two colored of voting papers and when I asked they told me that it means from which state the voter belong. Plus, there were online voting page, which some student used because it takes a lot of time. Fer and I asked what if someone votes twice; they said it’s more about morals and also after the election then figure out whether anyone voted twice or not.
It was quite interesting to see how people are concerned who is going to rule them. In my country we know who is going to be the next president without election. This time in my country was little bite not obvious as son of the president became the president besides the Vice- president. But the system of the country is the same.

7 comments:

  1. wow this is very interesting that you do not vote in your country. So who elects the new president of your country just the previous one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait a minute. Did you say the system is the same? So you do have voting?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you mean that you do not have election or voting in your country?How do they choose the president?

    ReplyDelete
  4. do you mean that it is the president who choose their heir?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is strange that how they depends on people's morals. I guess people has different morals or maybe just because they are so enthusiastic about one candidate they maybe try to vote more than once. And what Asya means that they don't have election and that they already know how is going to be the next president because UAE has a monarchy system.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is that mean the president nominates the next president?Does it need to get any others' agreement?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, my country system is kin group.
    there is no election and no voting.
    we know the president before, becasue he is going to be one of the president's son or brother.
    For you it's new but we are used of it.
    Like after our president pass away, the Vice- president let late president's son to be the president of UAE.
    Thanks Ahmed for making it clear

    ReplyDelete